- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Baby Found in Trash Still Born, Cops Say
The baby that was found dead at a North Lawrence garbage transfer facility last week was a still born girl, Nassau County police said.
Workers made the discovery at the Town of Hempstead Sanitary District No. 1 facility on Bay Boulevard on Oct. 22, police have said.
The Nassau County Medical Examiner’s office determined that the baby was born dead, police said.
Fourth Squad detectives are concerned about the physical and mental well-being of the birthmother and ask anyone who knows her identity to contact call them at 516-573-6553.