- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Patchogue Man Struck, Killed by Car
A 32-year-old man was fatally struck by a car while crossing a street in his hometown of North Patchogue early Thursday morning.
Suffolk County police said Daniel Barosa was crossing Waverly Avenue in front of the Waverly Point Plaza Shopping Center when he was hit by a southbound Honda Accord shortly after 2 a.m.
Barosa was pronounced dead at the scene.
Neither the driver, a 29-year-old Patchogue man, nor his 5-year-old son, who was a passenger, were injured.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the car, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-854-8552 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.