- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Man Stole Garden City Woman’s Jewelry, Threatened Her
Nassau County police arrested a Queens man Friday for an alleged robbery in Garden City in September during which he threatened to shoot the homeowner when she confronted him, police said.
Robert Washington, charged with robbery, burglary, grand larceny and unlawful possession of marijuana, was arrested at a Queens hotel Friday, police said.
Detectives said the 55-year-old victim arrived at her Pell Terrace home just before noon on Sept. 20 and found a vehicle in her driveway and her front door open. She then noticed Washington allegedly leaving the house with a pillow case containing her jewelry, police said.
The woman told police that she confronted Washington, who allegedly threatened to shoot her. No weapon was seen, police said.
Washington allegedly fled in his vehicle with the jewelry, police said.
During the investigation, detectives found physical evidence at the scene that helped lead them to Washington, police said.
Authorities also said he was in possession of a clear plastic bag of marijuana when they arrested him. Police have yet to recover the jewelry allegedly stolen from the Garden City home.
Washington will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.