- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Amityville Murder-suicide Under Investigation
A man allegedly killed his 32-year-old girlfriend and cut her daughter who tried to intervene before he committed suicide in their North Amityville home on Saturday night, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to a 911 call reporting a man stabbing a woman at a house on North Drive where they found Virginia Vasquez and her boyfriend, Stephen Guillaume, 35, dead in the doorway of their home at 9:40 p.m.
Vasquez’s 14-year-old daughter is undergoing surgery for a cut on the hand she suffered when she tried to help her mother. Vasquez’s 4-year-old son, who was also in the home at the time, was not harmed.
Investigators learned that Guillaume began stabbing Vasquez after she told Guillaume that they were breaking up, police said.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information to contact them at 631-852-6392.