- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Shooting Wounds Drug Dealer, Cops Say
Nassau County police are looking for a gunman who shot an alleged drug dealer in the back in Uniondale over the weekend, authorities said.
The 31-year-old man stopped his car with his 24-year-old girlfriend inside near the corner of Jaffa Ave and Uniondale Avenue to sell marijuana when two men got in the backseat at 11:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
The victims told investigators that the duo demanded “everything you got” before a gunshot rang out and the driver realized that he had been shot, police said.
The suspects, who were only described as wearing gray hooded sweatshirts, were last seen fleeing empty handed southbound on Matteline Street.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was admitted for treatment of his gunshot wound.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this shooting to call Crime Stoppers at 1 -880-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.