- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Suffolk Gunman Wanted for Robbery Spree
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding a gunman wanted for robbing more than a half dozen businesses in the past two weeks.
The same suspect entered eight establishments since late October, pretended make a purchase and when the employee opened the cash register, flashed a black handgun and demanded cash, police said.
The robber has held up seven gas stations in Eastport, Calverton, Mastic, North Babylon, St. James, Dix Hills and Bohemia, plus a Jamba Juice in Stony Brook. No injuries have been reported in any of the cases.
The suspect fled each robbery on foot, possibly to a vehicle waiting nearby. He is described as a white man, 25-35 years old, between 5-feet, 10-inches and 6-feet, 2-inches tall with a thin to medium build. He usually wears a dark-colored or gray hooded sweatshirt.
Police released a surveillance camera image of the suspect in the hope that someone will recognize him and tell investigators where he can be found.
Pattern Crime Unit detectives ask anyone with information on these robberies or if anyone recognizes the suspect in the attached photo to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.