- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Carle Place Crash Leaves Driver Dead
A driver was killed when his SUV crashed head-on with a tractor trailer in Carle Place early Wednesday morning.
Nassau County police said the victim was driving GMC Acadia Denali westbound on the Glen Cove Road exit ramp of the Northern State Parkway when he crossed into the northbound lanes and struck a southbound U.S. mail truck shortly before 1 a.m.
The victim, whose identity was not immediately released, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.