- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bay Shore Teen Accused of School Shooting Threat
A teenager from Bay Shore has been arrested for allegedly posting online a threat of a shooting at a boys high school soccer game in Shirley this week, Suffolk County police said.
Mario Cernas was charged Wednesday with making a terroristic threat, a felony.
Police said the 19-year-old posted the threat Monday on Twitter about a soccer final Thursday between Smithtown West and Central Islip at Dowling College Sports Complex.
“CI BETTER FUCKING WIN OR IM SHOOTING SOME ONE AT DOWLING,” Cernas allegedly tweeted from his account, @Mc3xo.
Ten users retweeted the post.
The post came after Smithtown West beat Brentwood 3-2 in the Suffolk Class AA boys soccer semifinal earlier this week. Cernas is wearing a Brentwood sweatshirt in his mug shot.
He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.