- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Amityville Crash Kills Newdsay Truck Driver
A 51-year-old Central Islip man was killed when he crashed a Newsday delivery truck he was driving in North Amityville early Monday morning.
Suffolk County police said Michael Buccellato was driving a box truck eastbound on Sunrise Highway when he lost control and crossed over the median near Great Neck Road at 3:10 a.m.
Buccellato was ejected and pronounced dead at the scene.
First Squad detectives ask anyone with information about this crash is to call them at 631-854-8152.