- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hicksville Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead
A pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle in Hicksville on Tuesday morning.
Nassau County police said the victim was struck on Old Country Road near the corner of Levittown Parkway shortly before 6 a.m.
The victim’s identity was not immediately available.
The westbound lanes of Old Country Road were closed for four hours while investigators were on the scene.
Detectives are continuing the investigation into the cause of the crash.