- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Amityville, Wyandanch Shooting Suspects Nabbed
Two alleged gunman wanted for shooting and wounding a pair of victims in separate incidents last month have been apprehended, Suffolk County police said.
U.S. Marshals arrested Rashad Woolridge, 25, of Central Islip, on Monday for allegedly shooting a Copiague man in his leg, hip and lower back on Great Neck Road in North Amityville on Oct. 20.
Five days later, Devon Matthews, 26, allegedly shot a 35-year-old man in the shoulder on North 15th Street in Wyandanch on Oct. 25, police said. Both the suspect and the victim in that case are from Wyandanch.
Both victims were treated for their injuries at Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip.
Woolridge and Matthews were each charged with assault. Woolridge was additionally charged with criminal use of a firearm.
Woolridge will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip.
Bail for Matthews was set at $250,000 cash or $500,000 bond.