- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Garden City Park Crash Kills Pedestrian
A Roslyn woman was struck and killed by a Jeep Tuesday night while walking across Jericho Turnpike in Garden City Park, Nassau County police said.
Susan Katz, 68, was walking south across Jericho Turnpike around 6:45 p.m. when she was struck by a 2012 Jeep Liberty being driven by a 42-year-old Long Beach woman, police said. Katz was taken to Winthrop University Hospital where she was pronounced dead at 10:36 p.m., police said.
Police said the crash doesn’t appear to be criminal at this time.