- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Amityville Man Sentenced for Girlfriend’s Murder
A North Amityville man was sentenced Thursday to 25 years to life in prison for helping an alleged gunman fatally shoot the convict’s 30-year-old girlfriend three years ago.
Prosecutors said the 34-year-old collaborated with David Newbeck, 36, of Massapequa, in killing Mandy Jo Jenkins in August 2010 in the apartment the couple shared inside a Halloween supply store.
The murder was allegedly payback after Jenkins filed charges against Newsbeck’s girlfriend, Jennifer Russini, who is serving prison time for identity theft and criminal possession of a forged instrument.
Newbeck has pleaded not guilty to the same charges as DeFelice and is slated to be tried separately. Newbeck is due back in court Feb. 10.