- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Bayport Man hits Sayville Home, Arrested for DUI
A 33-year-old Bayport man, who was arrested early Saturday morning for driving under the influence, lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a Sayville home, Suffolk County police said.
Police said Cory Schaetzle was driving a 2010 Chevrolet Malibu south on Broadway Avenue at 3:14 a.m. when he lost control of the vehicle, struck a pole and then continued onto the yard of a Broadway Avenue home, “grazing” the front corner of the house.
The residents—who were not injured—dialed 911, police said.
Schaetzle was treated for minor injuries at Soutside Hospital in Bay Shore, police said.
He will be arraigned Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence.