- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops: Drunken Driver Hits School Bus, Woman’s Car
An East Islip man was arrested on drunken driving charges Friday after he allegedly crashed into two vehicles—a school bus and a pregnant woman’s car—in Brentwood, Suffolk County police said.
Police arrested 37-year-old Kyle Norton after two Good Samaritans followed his Chevrolet Trailblazer after the first crash and called 911, police said.
Four children on the school bus and the pregnant woman and her two children were taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore with minor injuries, police said. All have been released.
The school bus, which had six children inside, was hit in the rear on Broadway and Dolce Street at 3:34 p.m., police said. Norton allegedly fled the scene and crashed into the woman’s car on Alkier Street and Gibson Avenue two minutes later, police said.
Norton was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed of a motor vehicle and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
He will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.