- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Firefighters Battle Kings Point Brush Fire
More than a dozen fire departments are battling a brush fire that broke out Saturday morning in Kings Point Park.
A dispatcher at a Great Neck fire department said about 16 departments were on the scene. He said the fire is in the park and that there’s no threat to homes in the area.
Firefighters have been battling the brush fire for about 12 hours, he said, adding that the first calls started coming in at 7:30 a.m.