- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Freeport Man Killed in Car Crash
A 25-year-old Freeport man was killed when he crashed his car in Merrick early Saturday morning.
Nassau County police said John Dabney was driving a Nissan Altima westbound on Sunrise Highway when he struck the guard rail, causing the vehicle to overturn near the corner of Lansdowne Avenue shortly before 5 a.m.
Dabney was taken to Nassau University Medical Center where, he was pronounced dead eight hours later.