- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Billy Joel to Play Madison Square Garden Show
Billy Joel is returning to Madison Square Garden for his first solo show since 2006, when he performed a record 12 consecutive sold out shows.
Tickets for “The Piano Man” singer’s Jan. 27 show at the World’s Most Famous Arena go on sale Saturday at 10 a.m., but Citi Private Pass cardholders get first crack at tickets during a Wednesday presale at 10 a.m. which ends at 10 p.m. on Friday.
The famed Long Island singer is also performing at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on New Year’s Eve.
If ticket sales at his recent show at The Paramount in Huntington are any indication, fans of the Grammy award winner will probably want to be grab tickets sooner rather than later. Tickets for his surprise charity concert at the Huntington venue sold out within minutes, frustrating many of his most ardent fans.
Joel rocked MSG last year during 12-12-12, a charity concert for Hurricane Sandy victims that featured a star-studded lineup.
Joel also announced four Florida concerts in January that will lead up to his Jan. 27 performance at the Garden, which is part of the Time Warner Cable concert series. Interestingly, Time Warner Cable is a competitor of MSG chairman James Dolan’s Cablevision.