- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Pedestrian Hit, Killed by Train in Syosset
A pedestrian was fatally struck by an eastbound Long Island Rail Road train in Syosset late Monday night.
The victim was hit shortly before midnight by the 11:42 p.m. train from Penn Station due in Huntington at 12:48 a.m., according to the LIRR.
The victim was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation into the cause of the fatality.
A substitute train replaced the one that hit the victim.