- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Patchogue Stabbing Suspect’s Photo Released
Suffolk County police are asking for the public’s help in finding the suspect who beat and stabbed a man outside a food store in East Patchogue last month.
The assailant walked up to the victim in front of Plaza La Familia on East Main Street, where the suspect punched and kicked the victim and then stabbed him with an unknown object at 9 p.m. Oct. 23, according to Fifth Squad detectives.
The suspect is described as heavy set Hispanic man with a tattoo of barbed wire on his right bicep and black hair that is short on both sides. He was wearing a white T-shirt and a white baseball cap at the time.
Police also released surveillance camera images of the suspect to help the public identify him.
Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.