- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
West Hempstead Home Invasion Suspect Sought
Nassau County police have released a composite sketch of a suspect wanted for a West Hempstead home invasion that seriously injured a woman two months ago.
Police said the victim answered a knock at the door of her Harrison Street home, when the man depicted in the sketch and another suspect pushed the victim down a flight of stairs as they forced their way inside at 12:20 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 11.
The suspects ransacked the home before they fled with $200 cash.
The other suspect, whose name police did not release, has been apprehended.
The victim was left unconscious and suffered contusions in the fall.
Crime Stoppers is asking anyone who can identify this subject, or with any information about this crime to call out toll free hotline: 1-800-244-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous.