- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mastic Beach Hit-and-run Driver Sought
Suffolk County police are looking for a hit-and-run driver that critically injured a 37-year-old pedestrian in the victim’s hometown of Mastic Beach on Tuesday morning.
Officers responded to a 911 call of a pedestrian lying in a wooded area on the side of Mastic Beach Road near the corner of Longfellow Drive, where they found Michael Walstrum had been struck by a vehicle at 9:40 a.m., police said.
Walstrum was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where he was listed in critical condition.
Investigators believe the vehicle is a metallic blue with front-end damage and front passenger side body damage that fled southbound on Mastic Beach Road.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.