- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bay Shore Man Found Shot, Dead Thanksgiving Morning
A 21-year-old bicyclist was found dead with a bullet wound on a street in North Bay Shore early Thanksgiving morning, Suffolk County police said.
Officers responded to a 911 call of a man lying next to his bicycle on Manatuck Boulevard near the corner of Cedar Drive at 5:35 a.m., police said.
The victim was identified as Naim Isiah Al-Hakeem, who lived about a mile away in Bay Shore. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A preliminary examination determined that he had been shot.
Homicide Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this incident to call them at 631-852-6392 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.