- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Former Classmate Charged in Islip Teen’s Murder
Suffolk County prosecutors charged a 21-year-old Islip man with the murder of Kyle Underhill, a former classmate whose body was found two years ago in a marshy area just blocks away from his home.
Thomas Liming pleaded not guilty to a second-degree murder charge during his arraignment on Friday. He was held on $5 million cash bail or $1.5 million bond.
Liming reportedly surrendered to authorities on Friday.
Suffolk County police discovered Underhill’s body on Nov. 19, 2011, just two days after his parents had reported the 18-year-old missing. Investigators ruled his death a homicide two days later.
Police said at the time that Underhill’s body was discovered in a wooded area on Brook Street behind an elementary school.
Underhill graduated Islip High School in 2011 and was attending SUNY Farmingdale.