- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
New Cassel Suspects Sought in Stabbing
A man was stabbed and another was beaten by a group of three attackers armed with bats, a machete and a knife in New Cassel early Sunday morning, Nassau County police said.
The two victims, ages 21 and 22, were arriving at a house on Roman Avenue when two bat-weilding members of the group chased the 22-year-old victim in the front yard and struck him in his arms and back of the head at 3:10 a.m., police said.
The third assailant, who was armed with a machete and a knife, chased the 21-year-old victim into the rear yard and attacked him, causing a fractured vertebrae, stab wound to the back, severe laceration between his thumb and index finger as well as the right forearm, police said.
The 21-year-old victim was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated for his injuries. The other victim refused medical attention.
The attackers fled on foot in an unknown direction.
Third Squad detectives request that anyone with information regarding the above crime to contact the Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.