- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
New Cassel Gang Assault Suspects Nabbed
Two of three suspects wanted for attacking a pair of men with whom they had an argument in New Cassel over the weekend have been apprehended, Nassau County police said.
Jose Hernandez, 17, of Westbury, and 19-year-old Jose Clavel of New Cassel were charged with assault and gang assault.
Police said Hernandez, Clavel and a third man who has not yet been apprehended waited for the victims, ages 21 and 22, outside a home on Roman Avenue while armed with a baseball bat, machete and knife at 3:10 a.m. Sunday.
The suspects knocked one victim to the ground with the baseball bat and the other victim was attacked with the machete, police said.
One victim suffered contusions and abrasions and refused medical treatment at the scene. The other was taken to a local hospital where he underwent emergency surgery for severe lacerations to the hand and forearm and a stab wound to the back.
Hernandez and Clavel will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Third Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding the third subject to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.