- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Chance of Snow in Long Island Weekend Forecast
A winter storm is forecast to coat Long Island in snow this weekend, although the white stuff is not expected to accumulate enough for anyone to need their shovels or sleds.
Rain drenching the region Friday will clear up for a sunny Saturday before snow is forecast to start falling Sunday evening, according to Upton-based National Weather Service meteorologists.
But, as temperatures Sunday are expected to hit a low of just above freezing after sundown, the snow is forecast to mix with sleet overnight before changing to rain with up to a quarter inch of precipitation.
The rain is forecast to continue Monday morning before a chance of rain and snow returns Tuesday.