- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Westbury Man Charged With Hit-and-run
An alleged hit-and-run driver accused of seriously injuring a gas station worker in Huntington 10 months ago was arrested this week, Suffolk County police said.
Michael Charles, 29, of Westbury, was charged Friday with leaving the scene of an incident without reporting resulting in serious physical injury.
Police said Charles was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee out of the Sunoco on Jericho Turnpike when he struck 60-year-old Jaffery Syed of Greenlawn, was standing by the gas pumps on the afternoon of Wednesday, Feb. 13.
Syed was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital in serious condition.
Charles will be arraigned Friday at First District Court in Central Islip.