- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brentwood Woman, 25, Killed in Southern State Crash
A 25-year-old Brentwood woman was killed in a one-car crash on the Southern State Parkway Friday night, New York State police said.
The woman was driving westbound at 11:28 p.m. near the Sagtikos State Parkway when she lost control of the 2000 Acura TL and slammed into a tree on the right shoulder, police said.
She was pronounced dead by the medical examiner, police said.
There didn’t appear to be anyone else in the car, a police spokesman said, adding that the investigation is ongoing. Police will also check if the car had any mechanical problems, he said.
The woman was not identified pending notification of next of kin.