- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Woman Crashes Through Oceanside Trader Joe’s, 11 Hurt
Nearly a dozen people were injured Friday when an elderly woman reportedly lost control of her car and slammed into Trader Joe’s in Oceanside.
A Nassau County police spokeswoman said 11 people were hospitalized. Two people suffered serious injuries. The injuries weren’t life threatening, according to the spokeswoman. Police did not identify the driver.
The incident occurred just after 1 p.m., police said.
“There was one guy who fell between the car and the wall. He was wedged between the vehicle,” Assistant Fire Chief William Madden of the Oceanside Fire Department said, according to the New York Post.
“When the car came through, it was just like shattering glass, and the next thing we knew the registers were like dominoes and went down, 1-2-3,” a witness told NBC New York.
The police spokeswoman said the department couldn’t provide additional details because there was no criminality.
— Adam Rubin (@AdamRubinESPN) December 6, 2013