- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mt. Sinai Woman Killed in Crash
A 78-year-old woman was killed when her vehicle crashed head-on with another in her hometown of Mount Sinai on Sunday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Marylou Pinto was driving a Kia eastbound on North Country Road when her vehicle crossed into the opposite lane of travel and collided with a westbound Lexus near Shore Road at 4 p.m.
Pinto was taken to Mather Hospital where she was pronounced dead. The other driver, 68-year-old Patricia Vallary, also of Mt Sinai, was treated for non-life-threatening injuries at Stony Brook University Hospital.
Sixth Squad detectives impounded both vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask that anyone that witnessed this crash call them at 631-854-8652 or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.