- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Snow Forecast for Long Island Tuesday
Snow is forecast to start falling on Long Island as early as before dawn Tuesday morning into the afternoon with accumulations possibly reaching up to three inches—making the rainy Monday commute look easy.
The likelihood of the white stuff coating the region increases between 3 a.m. and 4 p.m., although temperatures will hover just above freezing, according to Upton-based National Weather Service meteorologists.
Wednesday is expected to be sunny, but has a chance of flurries after sundown into Thursday before clearing up again Friday.
A 50 percent chance of snow and rain is in the Saturday forecast ahead of a sunny Sunday.