- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Queens Man Charged with Murder in Valley Stream Slaying
A 23-year-old Queens Village man currently on a parole has been arrested in the alleged shooting death of a man in North Valley Stream Monday night, Nassau County police said.
Joshua Geddes was taken into custody in Elmont at 6:49 p.m., police said. He was charged with second-degree murder and violation of parole. He will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.
Police first received calls of a possible shooting on Charles Street at 5:57 p.m. Monday, police said. When officers arrived, they found a 21-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 6:40 p.m., police said.
Another shooting victim was discovered a short distance from Charles Street with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, police said. The 22-year-old man was taken to a local hospital and was listed in guarded condition, police said.
The name of the murder victim has yet to be released.
Geddes has not been charged for the shooting of the second victim.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.