- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Glen Cove Shooting Suspect Nabbed
U.S. Marshals have apprehended a suspected gunman wanted for shooting a man who was critically wounded in Glen Cove over the summer, police said.
John Lembo was arrested Wednesday in Brooklyn and charged with second-degree attempted murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal use of a firearm.
Glen Cove city police said the 47-year-old fired several shots from a handgun at two people, hitting one victim in the neck on Glen Street on July 12. The victim suffered extensive internal injuries.
“The defendant left the area immediately after the incident and could not be located,” said Det. Lt. John Nagle.
Lembo will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.