- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Merrick Teen Charged With Head-on Drugged-driving Crash
A Merrick teenager has been arrested for driving while high on drugs, veering into the opposite lane of traffic and causing a head-on crash on Ocean Parkway on Tuesday night, police said.
Cody Becker, 19, was driving a GMC Denali westbound west of Tobay Beach when the SUV crossed over the center median, into the eastbound lanes and struck a Honda Accord traveling in the opposite direction shortly after 8 p.m., New York State police said.
The 62-year-old Oak Beach man driving the car was airlifted to Nassau University Medical Center for treatment of serious injuries.
Becker was treated and released for minor injuries at NUMC. His was not injured.
Becker was charged with reckless endangerment, vehicular assault, driving while ability impaired by drugs and unlawful possession of marijuana.
He will be arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead.