- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
N. Valley Stream Murder Victim Identified
Nassau County police Wednesday identified the victim of a fatal shooting in North Valley Stream as 21-year-old Benjamin Palemon.
Police found the North Valley Stream man lying on the sidewalk on Charles Street at 5:57 p.m. on Monday with a gunshot wound after a 911 caller reported possibly hearing gun shots, police said. Palemon was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital at 6:40 p.m., police said.
A second victim, a 22-year-old man who has yet to be identified, was shot in the abdomen and was listed in guarded condition.
A police spokeswoman said his condition hasn’t changed.
A Queens Village man, 23-year-old Joshua Geddes, was arrested about an hour after the alleged shooting and charged with second-degree murder and violation of parole. He was not charged in the shooting of the second victim.
Geddes was held without bail during his initial court appearance. A second appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
Police have not said what sparked the shooting.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.