- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Lindenhurst Man Fatally Hit by Car
A 48-year-old pedestrian was fatally struck by a vehicle in front of his Lindenhurst home on Thursday night.
Suffolk County police said Xu Jingeng was crossing West Hoffman Avenue when he was hit by a westbound Lexus between South Broadway and South 4th Street at 6:30 p.m.
The victim was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, where he was pronounced dead.
The driver, 34-year-old Agnieszka Chelchowski of Lindenhurst, was not injured.
First Squad detectives impounded the Lexus, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8152.