- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hicksville Woman Killed in Crash
A 29-year-old woman was killed when she crashed her vehicle in her hometown of Hicksville early Monday morning.
Nassau County police said Christine Monaco was driving a Toyota northbound alone on North Broadway when the vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole in front of Sears shortly before 1 a.m.
The victim was taken to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead less than an hour later.
Second Squad detectives impounded the vehicle and found no criminality.