- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops Seek Driver Who Fled Man Falling from Moving SUV
Suffolk County police are looking for the driver who fled the scene after a 20-year-old man fell from the driver’s moving vehicle in West Babylon and later died last month.
Witnesses told investigators that they saw Thomas Hendricks of Farmingdale fall from a northbound light-colored Ford Explorer on Belmont Avenue at the Southern State Parkway westbound exit ramp at 10:10 p.m. Nov. 10, police said.
Hendricks was seen at the Cloverdale Apartments on Great Neck Road in North Amityville, where authorities said he was known to frequent. The victim had been picked up by the SUV on Route 110 near the parkway 20 minutes prior, witnesses reportedly told police.
Hendricks was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip, where he was pronounced dead the following day. Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation.
Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest. Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.