- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Uniondale Man Arrested for Crossing Guard Hit-and-run
A Uniondale man has been arrested for allegedly hitting a female crossing guard who was helping schoolchildren cross a street in Hempstead and fleeing the scene last month, Nassau County police said.
Kenechukwu Okoli was charged Tuesday with assault and leaving the scene of an accident.
Police said the 59-year-old hit the Hempstead village police crossing guard in the leg while driving a Mercedes Benz northbound on Henry Street shortly before 8 a.m. Nov. 20.
The victim, who was knocked to the ground, was taken to a local hospital, where she was treated for contusions to her knee and hip.
Okoli will be arraigned Jan. 78 at First District Court in Hempstead.