- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Hamptons Teacher Gets Probation for Spying on Girls
A former Westhampton Middle School gym teacher who admitted filming girls changing in a locker room earlier this year was spared prison time when he was sentenced Wednesday to five years probation.
Thomas Sheppard had pleaded guilty at Suffolk County court in October to unlawful surveillance, a felony, and seven counts of endangering the welfare of a minor.
Prosecutors, who recommended the 28-year-old Speonk man be sentenced to one and one-third to four years in prison, have said Sheppard used his cell phone to record the victims.
Sheppard will surrender his teaching license and Judge Barbara Kahn directed the defendant register as a sex offender.