- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Teen Pleads Guilty to Valley Stream Sex Attacks
A Queens teenager has admitted to sexually assaulting two women in two separate attacks in Valley Stream over the summer.
Nashane Peterkin pleaded guilty Thursday at Nassau County court to rape, criminal sex act, strangulation and assault.
Authorities have said that the 17-year-old raped a 60-year-old woman on a hiking path at Valley Stream State Park on Sunday, Sept. 1.
He also accosted, beat and tried to rip the clothes off of a 30-year-old woman who fought him off while walking home from the Valley Stream train station the night of Aug. 12, investigators have said.
He reportedly is expected to be sentenced Feb. 3 to 20 years in prison followed by 20 years of post-release supervision.