- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Island Woman Killed in Plane Crash
A 23-year-old Long Island native was reportedly one of two people killed in a small plane crash in Georgia this week.
Brittany McAuley, a former Emory University student who graduated from Islip High School, was the lone passenger in a twin-engine Raytheon 390 Premier I jet that crashed in an Atlanta neighborhood on Tuesday evening, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reported.
The pilot, 67-year-old Pater Mallen, who was flying from Fulton County Airport to New Orleans Lakefront Airport, was also killed, the newspaper reported.
The National Transportation Safety Board is continuing the investigation into the cause of the crash.