- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Lakeview Robber Shoots, Wounds Victim
An armed robber shot and wounded a man who refused to turn over his property in Lakeview early Sunday morning, Nasau County police said.
The 32-year-old victim was walking on Pinebrook Avenue when the robber confronted him, the victim resisted and the gunman shot the victim in the left hand and bicep at 12:15 a.m., police said.
The victim was taken to a local area hospital, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The gunman ran away empty handed.
Fourth Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.