- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Mineola Teen Beat 2 With Hammer in Road Rage Feud, Cops Say
A Mineola teenager has been accused of hitting two men in the head with a hammer during an arugment sparked by a road-rage confrontation in Massapequa over the weekend.
Nassau County police arrested 18-year-old Santiago Orrego and his friend, 19-year-old Nicolas Russi, on assault charges.
Police said Orrego and Russi got out of their Audi and confronted two men, ages 28 and 20, in a Cadillac with whom they had a traffic dispute on Sunrise Highway at the corner of Louden Street at 11:32 p.m. Friday.
Orrego allegedly hit the 28-year-old victim in the right side of his head with a hammer. Orrego then allegedly hit the 20-year-old victim twice in the back of his head after the second victim tried to tackle Orrego, police said.
The victims were taken in to a local hospital for treatment of their lacerations.
Russi and Orrego fled the scene but they surrendered to the Third Precinct station house shortly later.
Bail for Russi and Orrego was set at $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond. They are due back in court on Tuesday.