- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Man Shot Wife in Face, Cops Say
A man has been arrested for alllegedly shooting his wife in the face, critically injuring her during an argument in the couple’s Roosevelt home over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Brian Martin, 36, allegedly shot his 39-year-old wife at their William Street home, causing several injuries and fractures to her face area at 2:23 p.m. Saturday , police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital, where she is being treated for her injuries and is listed in critical but stable condition at this time.
Martin was charged with assault and criminal use of a firearm. The gun was recovered at the scene, police said.
Martin will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.