- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR Adds 13 Trains for Christmas Eve
Thirteen extra eastbound Long Island Rail Road trains will leave from Penn Station on Wednesday afternoon to accommodate riders leaving work early to celebrate Christmas Eve.
The added trains include six on the Babylon Branch, four of the Port Jefferson Branch, two on the Ronkonkoma Branch and one on the Far Rockaway Branch, all of which run between 12:46 p.m. and 3:48 p.m.
As a result, the 5:59 p.m. from Penn Station to Babylon will be canceled and combined with the 6:05 p.m. express to Merrick, which then makes local stops to Babylon.
The LIRR will operate on a holiday schedule on Christmas day.
For additional information, visit LIRR’s website or call the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511.