- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roslyn Hit-and-run Driver Leaves Man Wounded
A 51-year-old man was struck and seriously wounded by a hit-and-run driver in Roslyn on Monday evening, Nassau County police said.
The victim was crossing Northern Boulevard when he was struck by an eastbound navy blue, late model Mercedes Benz driven by a suspect who continued without stopping shortly after 6 p.m., police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of a head injury. The vehicle sustained front end damage and is missing the driver side view mirror.
Third Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding the above incident to contact Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.