- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Cops Probe 2 Armed Suffolk Home Invasions in 5 Days
Suffolk County police are investigating a pair of armed home invasions 13 miles apart in a five-day span last week, including one case that left a victim hospitalized.
In the first case, two men kicked in the side door of a house on Walnut Street in Centereach, flashed a gun and stole money from at least one person inside at 9:40 a.m. Dec. 16, according to a police spokeswoman.
Less than a week later, two gunmen forced their way through a side door into an apartment on Burr Road in Elwood, where they stole cash and a cell phone after assaulting a victim inside between 4:15 and 8 a.m. Dec. 20, police said.
The victim in the second case was treated for minor injuries at Huntington Hospital. There were no reported injuries in the first case.
There were neither any arrests nor description of the suspects in either case.
Detectives are continuing the investigation into both home invasions.