- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Glen Cove Hit-and-run Driver Sought
A hit-and-run driver struck and wounded a 63-year-old woman in Glen Cove on Friday afternoon, police said.
The victim was crossing Cedar Swamp Road at the corner of Alexander Place when she was hit by a vehicle and the driver fled the scene at 3:19 p.m., Glen Cove city police said.
The victim was taken to North Shore Manhasset Hospital, where she is being treated for non-life threatening head and shoulder injuries.
Police said a witness followed the suspect and wrote down the first three letters of the license plate, which were FJL. The vehicle is described as a bluish green Honda, possibly a mid-1990s four-door sedan with after-market tires with sliver rims. The driver was described as a Hispanic woman wearing her hair in a pony tail.
Glen Cove police ask anyone with information regarding this crash to call them at 676-1000.